EXAM RETAKE POSSIBLE?
Yes. Free one more exam in 12 months
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Training, PECB exam and certification
Why Should You Attend?
ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager training enables you to develop the competence to master the risk management process related to all assets of relevance for Information Security using the ISO/IEC 27005 standard as a reference framework. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices of risk assessment methods such as OCTAVE, EBIOS, MEHARI and harmonized TRA. This training course corresponds with the implementation process of the ISMS framework presented in the ISO/IEC 27001 standard.
After understanding all the necessary concepts of Information Security Risk Management based on ISO/IEC 27005, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Risk Manager Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform an optimal Information Security Risk Assessment and timely manage Information Security risks.
Who Should Attend?
This training course will help you:
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27005 and comprehensive knowledge of Risk Assessment and Information Security.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 27005 and implementation of a risk management programme
Day 2: Information security risk assessment, risk treatment and acceptance as specified in ISO/IEC 27005
Day 3: Risk communication, consultation, monitoring, review and risk assessment methods
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security Risk Management
Domain 2: Implementation of an Information Security Risk Management program
Domain 3: Information Security risk management framework and process based on ISO/IEC 27005
Domain 4: Other Information Security risk assessment methods
1. Certification fees are included on the exam price.
2. Training material containing over 350 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed.
3. An attestation of course completion worth 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
4. In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. The requirements for PECB ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager certifications are as follows:
To be considered valid, the information security activities should follow best implementation and management practices and include the following:
1. Defining a risk management approach
2. Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for an organization
3. Defining risk evaluation criteria
4. Performing risk assessment
5. Identifying assets, threats, existing controls, vulnerabilities and consequences (impacts)
6. Assessing consequences and incident likelihood
7. Evaluating risk treatment options
8. Selecting and implementing Information Security controls
9. Performing risk management reviews