TRAINING DAYS: 5
(4 days of training + 1 day exam)
EXAM RETAKE POSSIBLE?
Yes. Free one more exam in 12 months
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Training, PECB exam and certification
Why Should You Attend?
Lead Pen Test Professional training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to lead a professional penetration test by using a mix of practical techniques and management skills.
This course is designed by industry experts with in-depth experience in the Penetration Testing field. Unlike other trainings, this training course is focused specifically on the knowledge and skills needed by professionals looking to lead or take part in a penetration test. It drills down into the latest technical knowledge, tools and techniques in key areas including infrastructure, Web Application security, Mobile security and Social Engineering. In addition, this course concentrates on how to practically apply what is learned on current day-to-day penetration testing and does not expand on unrelated, dated or unnecessary theoretical concepts.
Along with the in-depth hands-on practical skills, this training course equips you with the management skills you need to lead a penetration test, taking into account business risks and key business issues. The individuals who complete the course have the right blend of the real business and technical competencies needed to be a respected, understood and professional penetration tester. On the last day of the training course, you will get to use the skills learned in a comprehensive capture and flag penetration testing exercises.
Who Should Attend?
This training course will help you:
A fundamental understanding of Penetration Testing and comprehensive knowledge of Cybersecurity.
Day 1: Introduction to Penetration Testing, ethics, planning and scoping
Day 2: Technical foundation, knowledge and techniques (with practical exercises in all areas)
Day 3: Conducting a Penetration Test (using tools and techniques) and reviewing testing areas
Day 4: Analyzing results from testing, reporting and follow up
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified Lead Pen Test Professional” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts in Penetration Testing
Domain 2: Technical foundations for Penetration Testing
Domain 3: Scoping and planning a Penetration Test
Domain 4: Conducting a Penetration Test including test types, tools and methods
Domain 5: Specific Penetration Testing types and techniques (infrastructure, application, mobile technology and social engineering)
Domain 6: Analyzing results and the reporting process
Domain 7: Penetration Test follow up
1. Certification fees are included on the exam price.
2. Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed.
3. An attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
4. In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
The requirements for Pen Testing Professional certification are as follows:
To be considered valid, these activities should follow best practices and include the following:
1. Understanding an organization and its context
2. Defining a Pen Testing approach
3. Selecting a Pen Test methodology
4. Defining Pen Test criteria
5. Identification of assets, threats, existing controls, vulnerabilities and consequences (impacts)
6. Assessing consequences
7. Evaluating Pen Test scenarios
8. Evaluating Pen Test treatment options
9. Selecting and implementing controls
10. Performing a Pen Test review