Dr. Oz Erdem
Presenter & Speaker
Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) expert, consultant, trainer, auditor, and speaker with 25 years of experience focusing on information security, export controls, data privacy, risk management and business continuity management systems.
Dr. Erdem took leadership and managerial roles in governance and compliance at various Fortune 100-500 companies and SMBs, including Siemens Corporation, Siemens Industry, Linqs, Inc., Texas Instruments, Rtrust, ICEsoft Technologies, NATO C3A delegation, and Tubitak BILGEM. In addition, successfully managed software development (i.e., embedded, cloud, and SaaS) and digital product projects involving information security, mobile networks, and sensor networks.
Further, Dr. Erdem led several non-profit organizations, such as National Association of District Export Councils (NADEC), Government Contractors Council (GovConCouncil), and Central-North Florida District Export Council as the Chairman of the Board.
Experience includes the following:
– Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) Provisional Assessor and Instructor
– Information Security Management Systems: Policy, Procedure Setup and Process Audit
– ISO 27001 Sr. Lead Auditor & Certified Trainer
– NIST 800-171 and NIST 800-53 frameworks
– Know Your Counterpart (KYC) screening methodologies
– ITAR compliance
– Export Control and Sanctions compliance
– Data privacy framework (NIST DPF, ISO 27701, GDPR)
– ISO 31000 Risk Management
– ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management Systems
– Supply Chain Risk Assessment & Mitigation
– DFARS compliance
– Secure Software Development
– Cryptographic/Encryption Algorithm Design
– Anti-Money Laundering Compliance
– Export Management